The G.B.T.H. (Grab By The Horns) project is a concept gallery in Second Life curated by Marina Münter, Megan Prumier and Nath Baxton.
Second Life is open to many possibilities in regards to creation and imagining what could not be made elsewhere. We at G.B.T.H. believe that it is a great platform to expand and further explore the creative thought without the constraints of a default building or 2D format. The idea of anything is possible by exploring how a whole environment can be changed in order to present a creative piece is what moves the G.B.T.H.
Marina’s first contact with Second Life was through the article written by Domenico Quaranta on Wolf Lieser’s “Digital Art” book.
She decided to explore the game as a creative platform after a bit less than 5 years as a Second Life resident. Starting with poor attempts of snapshot taking, she soon moved into inworld installations. The G.B.T.H. came from a long desire of having a gallery but also as a way to promote and encourage the potential this game has on the art field. Nowadays, a year later, she has it as her main inworld interest.
- Adcredo @ArtSpace in UTSA TejanoTech – 2018
- It Wasn’t A Disaster – 2018
- Non-Perishable @Berg by Nordan Art – 2017
Megan Prumier (megan.prumier) – in Second Life since 05/30/2010
Megan is a multimedia artist and resident in Second Life. Her skills are extended on the field of photography, mostly portraits on modern, minimal and even surreal scenes, and intricate set ups for sims like Ocho Tango, Deadpool, Metropolis, Crimarizon and also past editions of Kinky and Ultra events, as well the DixMix Gallery. Currently she is also the co-owner of the G.B.T.H. project.
- Fragments of Time @Voir Gallery – 2018
- Secrets @Val D’Oise Gallery – 2018
- Bycicles (group exhibition) @DixMix – 2018
- Contact @the G.B.T.H. project – 2018
- #MutualRespect part1 @the G.B.T.H. project – 2017
- Untitled @DixMix – 2017
- Escape in Landscapes w/ Lam Erin @DixMix – 2016
- Untitled w/ Anna Anton, Annie Klavinham, Belinda Baroque, Burk Bode & Maloe Vansant @DixMix – 2012
After reading about the custom content and the ability to be anything you want in Second Life, Nath decided to leave The Sims Online and start an account on the Linden Lab grid.
- Untitled @WOMB [dixmix gallery] – 2017
- 50mg @ the G.B.T.H. project – 2018
- U R KWL @ Black Lux Gallery – 2018